Certificate II in Engineering
Completed in two school years, this qualification delivers broad-based underpinning skills and knowledge in a range of engineering and manufacturing tasks which will enhance the graduates’ entry-level employment prospects for apprenticeships, traineeships or general employment in an engineering-related workplace.
Achievement of competence in core units:
- Apply principles of occupational health and safety in a work environment
- Working with others
- Organise and communicate information
- Plan and undertake routine tasks
- Apply quality procedures
- Apply quality systems
- Plan a routine task
and achievement of competency in elective units like:
- Perform engineering measurements
- Perform computations
- Perform routine oxy acetylene welding
- Perform mechanical cutting
- Manual heating and thermal cutting
- Use hand tools
- Perform brazing and /or silver soldering
- Use power tools
- Use workshop machinery for basic operations
will provide credit towards a range of manufacturing and engineering trade and production qualifications.
Achievement of competence in all of the other units will provide advanced progress towards reaching competence in units contained in other metal and engineering qualifications.